Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thoughts at 5:30am

Driving home to go to bed to rest my weary head, I watch the Friday drunks stumble forth into the night and I feel glad not to be among them. As I leave the lights of the city behind me, the mountains in the distance look as if they're wearing halos with the glow of the sun, as it begins to crawl slowly over the horizon, bringing with it a new day. On the road, cars appear sporadically like the first leaves falling at the start of Autumn, it makes me wonder what they're doing driving at this hour, where they're heading, if it's more exciting than here. As I get closer to home, I see Jack Frost has covered the city in a blanket of white, cars and grass sparkle in the light of the new dawn, the world transformed into a winter wonderland. The birds outside my window chirp cheerfully, telling the world it's time to wake up before my head has even hit the pillow. So here is where I bid you adieu, I'm off on my next great adventure to the land of nod, where dreams sometimes do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment