Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day two: The highs and lows of Fluoxetine

Hey guys,

Day two started off with a headache. I'm not sure if it was due to the Fluoxetine or if it was just due to me not drinking enough water or whatever. But it's a good time to mention another way my doctor is useless, she failed to mention the combination of ibuprofen (which is the only painkiller I can use as I'm allergic to paracetamol) and Fluoxetine can cause a bad reaction.
I have a friend who is also on Fluoxetine and he said he and other people he knows on the drug have never had any issues also using ibuprofen but drugs cause different reactions in different people so it's all very up in the air. He suggested not using both drugs at the same time, as in, in a few hours of each other. But I did this morning and apart from a brief stomach cramp, I didn't have an issue (although it seems the symptoms happen internally so I may not know for a while if it did cause a problem). The stomach cramp could have also been caused by nervousness or period pains (which I'm getting at the moment coz it's almost time for my Depo Provera injection which takes away my period but needs to be injected once every three months).

My mum still doesn't know I'm on anti-depressants, although it's only been two days and I've only seen her once briefly during that time. Maybe I'll tell her sometime in the future but maybe I won't, she's hardly ever around any more coz she has a new boyfriend and sleeps at his house every night.

As for mood today, I was neither here nor there. I started a political internship so I was excited but even that felt somewhat hollow. I laughed at points but never felt any negative emotion, which is positive. I feel less anxious than I did before taking the drug, especially about my irrational fear of vomit, which has been torturing me more than ever lately but is something I'm less conscious/concerned about on Fluoxetine.

After this, unless anything significant happens, I'll be updating once a week but even then I don't make any promises. From tomorrow I'm working 15 days straight so I may be too tired or busy to blog.

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment