Friday, May 21, 2010

Falling out of the zone

You know when you're in your zone.
As a writer, your zone is the place you get into when you just write and write and it's good writing too.
It's a place where writers block feels so so far away.
Then something happens, someone says something or does something to upset you or make you angry or whatever and you fall out of your zone.
This just happened to me.
I did a great interview with the aforementioned wine writer, he was nice and easy to chat to even though I found his book extremely hard to get into.
So I'm in my zone writing up this interview then I get this school's newsletter.
I'm subscribed to a few different school newsletters as they're often helpful and they DISS me, publically besmirch my good name.
Of course they don't use my name but they make it obvious who I am.
This fucks me off royally.
It completely ruins my zone and now my author story is going to be dull because I've lost my train of thought, lost my zone, lost my flair.
So I made a statement, I said "this is what I think of your fucking newsletter" and screwed it up and chucked it in the bin.
I didn't even read it beyond the first sentence coz I don't think it's fair she was allowed to besmirch my name.
Sure, if I "misquoted" her, she could have rung me and said "you misquoted me", in fact she did ring me but noooooooooooo aside from that she has to publically do that too.
Fuck it, I don't need her or her fucking school.
They can fuck off, I'll get other contacts.
Oh and that free publicity you like getting, oh well you can go fuck yourselves, no more of that. You fuck up my reputation and I'll fuck up yours. No more nice stories for you. In fact, no more stories at ALL for you.

I need a coffee and something sweet to sweeten my mood before I continue with this story, which I want to give complete justice.

Varelai.

No comments:

Post a Comment