Sunday, May 16, 2010

You'll never know how much I miss you

When we first met, my world was falling down around me then with a few words, you saved me.
Now, without you, my world's in pieces at my feet again but you're not here.
You were the sticks that kept my house from being washed away in a flood.
You were the Gerard to my Frank.
What can I do without you?
Pick up the pieces of my shattered heart and cellotape them back together?
It will never work the same without the piece you took.
If I had one wish, it would be to rewind the tape back to the start where things were easy and we had fun.
You're a good friend, you're only doing what I asked for.
My wish is your command, even if it broke your heart.
Trust me honey, it's breaking mine every day I can't see you or hear your voice.
The voice that was music to my ears.
The phone that used to buzz with your name, now lies silent but hope will never be lost that the buzzing may one day come again.
I see you everywhere I go in my mind, every part of my brain is infected with you.
"You're like my favourite damn disease"
We loved without the complications lovers face.
Your name feels wrong, like permission to use it is no longer mine.
I miss you more than you'll ever know and it's my fault you're gone.
Sweet irony.

Who am I kidding, you'll never read this.
You never cared much for poetry or anything I've written.
No matter what happens though, I will watch your career closely, with pride.
I still love you and always will.

V.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely poem. I almost cried when I read it. And I laughed about the "Gerard to my Frank"-line.
    I hope the person these words are meant for will get to read them one day.
    ~Sabrina~

    ReplyDelete