Sunday, February 13, 2011

Age gaps and nudity

The question today is: How old is too old?

I’m almost 20, how many years backward and forward am I allowed to look at when I’m looking for a date?
Am I allowed to date a 15 year old? Am I allowed to date a 34 year old?
What’s right and what’s wrong?
I’ve seen some hot people in school uniforms (college age), is that too young now that I’ve been out of school for 2 years?

The reason I ask is that when I went on the naked photoshoot a few weeks ago, I met a guy who took a liking to me and we’ve since gone out for drinks and talked for a few hours about life. We had another meeting today, where we talked some more and just enjoyed each other’s company. The issue is that he’s turning 34 this year, while I’m only turning 20 so it may be a bit too old for me. That’s a 14 year age gap.

It doesn’t seem like that much when we’re together, we chat about things, he’s very knowledgeable so you can tell he’s been to university and has had some life experience but we’re honest with each other and have fun just chatting and drinking flash beer.

Before the naked photoshoot, I was quite afraid of men. They’ve always been intimidating to me, I constantly worried about their intentions and worried they would want to have sex with me or act violently towards me, maybe even rape me but after the photoshoot, I felt comfortable around men.

I guess being naked takes away all barriers, it was so liberating, I felt free but I also felt like, although my whole body was on show, no one was looking at me, no one was taking any notice of my nakedness, they just ignored it like it wasn’t there, just like I mostly ignored theirs.

It wasn’t a turn on either, I kind of expected it to be but it was just like being around a bunch of clothed people. It helped that there were not a lot of attractive people in the group, they were mostly old and/or overweight. Some of them had been naked for so long, gravity had taken hold of all their parts and dragged them down.
So it wasn’t a great sight but it was interesting.

I think this guy and I can be more open with each other because we’ve seen each other naked, so in theory, we have nothing to hide and there’s no awkwardness about many things, sex being one of them. We can openly talk about sex and it would probably be easy to have sex together because the scariness of your partner seeing you naked for the first time, is removed.

Also, note to self: Do not sunbathe naked for 4 hours on a 30 degree day after only applying sunscreen once. VERY VERY bad burns result.

V.

1 comment:

  1. Special Agent Age Gap AdviceFebruary 18, 2011 at 9:46 AM

    Very brave to do the photo shoot! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the self-confidence to do it.
    Also: the age gap is always a question, isn't it?! But there are other things to consider, too: you are a very grown-up person considering your age and compared to people older than you who are much, much less mature. And he (don't know who he is so I can't really tell, so I'm speaking in theory now) might just be very, very young at heart and so you could sort of meet in the middle and the age gap isn't too bad.
    (Oh God, and that comes from a person who ruined her own love life by freaking out about a guy she was - still is - madly in love with but has a kid. I really need to learn to follow my own advice!!!)

    ReplyDelete