Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The days when I love my job

Today I got to ride in a fire engine.
It was fun, I was happy.
The chief fire officer was very nice.
Also, I got an email that said a person enjoyed what I had written about them and that I had "passion and respect".
I appreciate getting thanked for doing my job.
I just remembered it is pay day tomorrow THANK GOODNESS.
We get paid every fortnight so it is often like living in the poor house in the second week.
Like sure I get paid for my job but the thank you's are the reason I do it.
Sure, this morning I had to run a correction because I fucked up a single word - helicopter instead of plane, but then the day got better and better.
Also, I got a new car today. He's not super new, he's a 1993 Toyota Corona.
But he's new in the fact the Beast, my previous car was built in 1989.
I need to name the new car, naming is always the hard part. He's a blue green colour.
The last car was called Gerard because it was silver, like Gerard's hair when he was publicising the Black Parade.
This car doesn't really give me any cues as to what it should be called but maybe after a bit of a drive, we'll figure it out based on characteristics or something.
I wish I could say I miss the beast but I don't.
It's only been a few hours and I've only driven the new car around the block once in that time but I was in constant fear the beast would do something antisocial like break down or overheat.
Maybe the new car will end up like that too, I don't know.

Good news for anyone who cares, the person I wrote the poem about recently is willing to forgive me and we are currently trying to break the communication barrier by talking on the phone once a week and seeing each other whenever I come home, which is usually every 2 weeks.
She means a lot to me. Over the time we'd been friends we had built something really strong and losing that really hurt me.
I would assume she didn't read my poem but I am hugely thankful to her for being willing to try to repair this.
It is hard to maintain friendships living in another place but having a new car means I may be able to go home more easily.
I hope to get home for good as soon as possible, there is a place I can work closer to home but they do not have a position avaliable currently but the guy I could replace is due to move on, he's high quality, good at his job and deserves to be somewhere better.

Varelai.

No comments:

Post a Comment