Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Decisions and the inability to make them

My starsign is Libra. So already, in 4 words, you know I can't make decisions.
So when last week, my flatmate told me she had found someone else and our joyous three month marriage of obsessive cleaning, great food and dead animals was coming to an end, I felt sad but I felt calm.
The inability to make decisions means I would have, in all likelihood, stayed in this job for the rest of my human life.
Because why not? I hate it but I can't make a decision as huge as resigning and moving home.
So my flatmate, being the lovely girl she is, decided for me. When she found out I was job hunting, she asked around and found someone who was flat hunting.
If you live in Wellington, it is easy to find a flat or a flatmate but here, people don't really come here all that often coz there IS nothing here so the likelihood of finding a flatmate is pretty slim.
So my flatmate is lucky to have found a replacement, just as she was lucky to have found me.
But it meant "kicking me out" in not so many words. The thing is, I'm not pissed off she found someone else because although I said I was job hunting, the reality is, my inability to make decisions means I never would have left unless I got a job, which is honestly, not fucking likely.
So by not having a house and not REALLY wanting to stay in this town, I had to go home, job or not. So like You Me At Six sang, "I'll be home in a day, I fear that's a month too late." Except I'll be home in 10 days and counting but in some ways it still is a month too late for my soul to ever recover from this experience.
My job is fun and all but the loneliness and stress kicked my ass some days.
I'm starting a course in October going through till February then through to university in March and staying there for 3 years.
So I no longer have to think about finding employment for 3 years, it's great because I'm not ready to be employed.
I don't know what I want to do with my life so how can I possibly be employed? It's not worth it right now.
Every day I have to make decisions though, littler than staying or going but things such as what to have for lunch, which car to drive at work, which stories to gather, they're all important parts of my day to day life.
Difficult difficult parts of my life.

Varelai.

No comments:

Post a Comment