Friday, July 16, 2010

Phone love

Maybe not love but I talk to people on the phone all the time.
Sometimes I have never seen them before, sometimes I don't look up their photos on file until much later.
One artist I've been talking to for a while who has such a great personality and is really nice and helpful, has a really WEIRD face.
Seeing her next to her artwork makes me think, wow, you do art that is weird but so pretty and you look like art gone wrong.
It sounds mean but in some ways it's very poetic, she paints because she looks weird.
Although I'm not entirely sure that IS the reason she does it.
Thing is, over the phone you never know what someone looks like so it's less easy to judge them.
I have (regrettably) fallen in like over the internet but that was an example of falling in like with personality.
I didn't realise he looked a bit weird because his accent, American, was sooooooo fucking good to listen to and he said the nicest things, it was easy to like him.
This lady is the same, she's so nice but she has a deformity that must make her life very hard when people meet her and judge her on that.
I don't want to judge her, our photographer took a great picture of her when most people couldn't but she's married.
So her husband may have also fallen in love with her personality or is willing to accept her differences.
I prefer phones for that reason, if I can't judge someone by anything other than their voice and the things they say, they also can't judge me and although I tend to stutter and um a bit over the phone, I don't expect to be judged on that.

Varelai.

1 comment:

  1. Special Agent DoveJuly 20, 2010 at 1:17 AM

    Glad she has a husband, because that makes me keep believing in honest love that overlooks mistakes. And makes me believe a little bit in men, too. Again, I should say. In other words: at least there is one honourable man out there. :)

    ReplyDelete