Thursday, September 16, 2010

The John to my Taupin

Age just a number,
Maturity should matter.

Wise beyond my years,
But not where it counts.

You were a gentleman and made me feel special,
But eight years came between us.

Your music and humour brightened my life,
Without you the dark ages have come again.

Magical fast fingers,
I wanted to be the one you used them on.

Age restrictions legally, socially, romantically,
Always a barrier but I thought we'd be different.

Things have changed for the worst,
We can't even be friends.

The love of your life is yet to be found,
But when she is, she'll be the luckiest of women.

You'll treat her like a princess,
You'll be the king of husbands.


Varelai.

2 comments:

  1. Special Agent Broken-HeartedSeptember 17, 2010 at 5:31 AM

    Okay, honestly Varelai, how the hell do you do this? Pretty much with EVERY single frickin' post you chose a topic dear to my heart or something I can relate to - and then put it in the most beautiful words. Better words than I could ever find, more romantic and much more poetic than I'll ever be able to write. I'm stunned. Period.

    {P.S.: And I actually mean it, I am totally honest and up-front here. I'm not saying this, because I consider you a close friend of mine, I say this because it's fuckin' true.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Special Agent.
    I guess I'm lucky that my hurt comes out easiest in the form of words.
    Although I admit this piece was not easy to write, it took me at least a week of looking over it, changing it and trying to add more stanzas.
    Funnily enough, I just added some new stanzas just before so NOW it's perfect. Before it needed a tiny bit more before it was complete.

    Thank you so much for reading my work and giving me feedback on every piece. That means the most to me, every artist wants someone to read their work and appreciate it and you always make me feel appreciated so thank you.

    ReplyDelete