Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life goals and dreams

I have to become a music journalist.
There is no if or but about it.
It is the ultimate dream for me. I went to a gig last night and I loved it, every single part of it. I always do.
Every time I go to gigs I love it so much that coming home and living my dull dull life the next day is just sad to me.
It depresses me after such exciting nights, I have to come back and stop living in that excitement.

Last night was a pretty big night, I know the members of the band pretty well, one in particular and was invited up on stage to dance because the singer could see the passion I felt for the band. I could barely stay sitting in my seat and couldn't understand why no one else wanted to make the first move and get up and dance!
It was exciting. But terrifying. I guess the words on my arm "Not Afraid" mean I am able to do crazy, scary things like rock climbing or saying "fuck it" and jumping up on stage, dancing like 50-100ish people are not watching.
As a music journalist, the excitement of going to shows, would be an almost daily thing.

For the last 3-4 weeks I've been to gigs once a week and the next day there's always a "hangover" of sorts, where negative feelings appear after a night of positivity. There's extreme boredom, frustration and depression at how dull my life has become. I want to meet famous people, I want to listen to great music, I want to write about and review my experiences with great music. I want to live an exciting life.
I asked my friend if it was hard for him to go back to his non-musicial day job after performing to screaming, adoring, clapping fans all night. He said it wasn't hard but maybe he's just used to the feeling of coming down from the musicial high.
I have another friend who is studying music so that she can become a musician full time because she loves it so much. And this is someone who doesn't show much emotion or excitement about anything... ever. Even if she loves something with all the feelings in her, she won't show any excitement but I know she loves music and needs to do it full time.

I need music full time as well, but not as a musician (lack of musical talent prevents me from doing that) but I need to write about music. Writing is a passion for me but so is music. They're both things that will complete me and give me the excitement my life desperately lacks currently.

Varelai.

1 comment:

  1. Special Agent Gaga WriterSeptember 14, 2010 at 7:09 AM

    Ahhhh... I love music. It's great! I am writing about famous people - however, I have to tell you, that I never get to meet them, though. Actually, I never even get to talk to their agents or anything. I'm on the German desk at work. The guys at the English desk get to do the cool stuff. One of them interviewed Tom Jones yesterday. (To be honest, I'm not jealous actually). Anyways, I think people always imagine things they don't know yet as things that are extremely exciting - but once you actually do it yourself, it loses it's magic. Sad but true, but I think that's partly what life is about: getting excited about things - and then finding out that in real they're not that exciting.

    ReplyDelete